Sunday, April 3, 2011

Car Seats and Strollers!!!

Okay, I've been asking all moms what car seat and stroller to buy but everyone has a different opinion.

So, how do I choose?

Here's the skinny on the Strollers:  The most popular answers:

BOB:  Very popular in Seattle.  All Terrain stroller good for running and hiking.
I didn't run when I didn't have a baby so why do I need this.  I did do some hiking but I remember the hiking trails.  Seriously, I don't think I can take a stroller on these hikes.  Better to get a back pack....

Bugaboo:  Creme de la Creme on strollers.  It looks more like a Pram they use in Europe.  Very stylish.  And yes, I will look good pushing this around.  But there's a problem with this.  It has no cup holders for adult or baby.  No basket for shopping.  So, I look good pushing this but I am having to lug around my diaper bag, purse, coffee...etc.  Also, it's just not travel friendly.  One of my friends that has a Bugaboo Bee, tried to check in on Alaska Airline but they wouldn't let her.  I don't know why but she couldn't gate check it.  Why buy this when you can't travel with it.  Also, when I go to Disney Land and I have to park it at the stroller parking lot, who's to say someone will not mistake my $1000 stroller for their $50 umbrella stroller.  Do I buy a lock for my stroller so it's not stolen?  That's just silly.....

P.S. I guess you can get cup holders and shopping basket for both BOB and Bugaboo.  But of course you have to purchase them separately.

All the other brands:  ????  Which one?  Chicco, Maxi Cosi,  Mc Clarren.  Baby Trend...It's keeping me awake at night.  HELP!

What about a car seat?  I had a mom that brought their Aircraft approved car seat on one of my working flights but the buckle didn't go through the back of the car seat.  So she couldn't strap it down.  How did this car seat get the Aircraft Approved sticker?  All the seat belts are the same on all aircrafts.  It has the thick release buckle.

Flight Attendant Mom's.  What is your opinion?  Just like all mom's money is no object for my baby's safety.  I just want to get the right one that fits my lifestyle....

1 comment:

  1. As a new stay at home dad of 5 1/2 months I love my Bob stroller. I have been on three flights with Chloe' and her Bob, and it's been perfect. It has two cups holders one for baby and one for dads adult beverage for those cold walks around Green Lake (lol). Also has storage beneath seat and a pocket between cup holders for keys,phone, and ipod. Plus who needs a $1000 stroller except for a Rockafella.
    After doing our research we went with a Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio Sip 30-30 car seat. Those Italian's know how to make a very, very, very safe car seat. Hope this helps i your decision making.

    Leon

    ReplyDelete