Friday, June 3, 2011

OMG

No body tells you being pregnant is so hard on your body.  Women tell you how wonderful it is to be pregnant.  And when the baby comes, it's the most wonderful thing in the world.

Yes, I am sure holding the baby in my arms will be the most wonderful thing I've done so far in my life.  However, being pregnant, not so much.  I cruised through the first 6 month of my pregnancy.  I didn't have morning sickness.  Didn't gain that much weight. Other than not drinking, my life didn't change that much.  I was still going to work, hanging out with friends, going on exotic vacations, etc.  I know that other women have it worse than I had their first and second trimaster.

Then, I hit my 7th month.  My belly started ballooning and gaining weight rapidly.  I could no longer do things that I used to do.  I couldn't be on my feet for more than 2 hours without them hurting and swelling up.  I couldn't sit too long without having my feet swell up.  So, I couldn't sit or stand, what is a girl to do.  My back started hurting  all the time.  None of my clothes fit me.  My skin on my belly started stretching and it was starting to hurt.  And don't get me started about my boobs.  I also noticed spider veins on my legs.  Good thing I can't look down and see them, since they are hidden underneath my enormous belly.  Couldn't sleep at night because I had to go to the bathroom all the time.  Then on top of that I had a hard time breathing because I was so congested at night.

Well, I could go on and on.  But it just seems like I am complaining.  How did other women do this? My hats off to women that have multiple children.  Can't imagine doing this and have another child or more to take care of....

I am at my 40th week and just waiting for the day my little girl decide to show up.  This will be all worth it...  Next time I write, I will have my baby and will forget all about the pain.  I just wanted to jot it down before I forget all about how hard it is to be pregnant.

Thank you, all moms out there!!  We appreciate what you've gone through to bring us into the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than happy to tell you how horrible pregnancy is. It really is a very small percentage of your total lifespan though. Thinking about it in my comfortable, non-pregnant state, I find it fascinating how our bodies respond to having another human growing inside us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree it's amazing how our bodies know what to do. Hopefully, I won't mess up her life too much in the next 18 years. Will be taking parenting tips from you.

    ReplyDelete